Stone with segmentally rounded top now set in a concrete surround
Taken from Cadw report:
Purpose of stone was probably to redefine the boundary in order to avert disputes over which parish was liable for relieving paupers under the Old Poor Law. The existence of a similar stone at Tavernspite and possibly a lost third one on the Narberth to Prince's Cross road suggests these were put up at the initiative of the Lampeter Velfrey parish guardians. With the formation of the Narberth Poor Law Union under the 1834 Act the stones would have become redundant.
See Record No. PEMB009 - Boundary stone at Tavernspite
Carved indicating hands with upraised thumbs pointing left and right. Carved inscription beneath left pointing hand: CRINOW / PARISH
Carved inscription beneath right pointing hand: LAMPETER / PARISH
Benchmark carved top centre of stone
PMSA recording information