Cast-iron fountain on circular stone base.Children, dolphins, ball finial and circular bowl painted white. Base, stem and plinths painted green. Cadw report: Broad circular bowl with ribbed detail. Stem entwined with four fish with brackets and ball finial to the top. Brackets have hooks for hanging water pales. To the north and south, set on projecting plinths are figures of children with upturned ewers.
Cadw report: Erected in 1893 following a decision by Monmouthshire County Council to erect fountains at a cost of £5 to £7. Because of additional funds being available locally St Arvans was able to afford a much grander public fountain costing £30. The Sun Foundry, Glasgow, provided the decorative work, the mechanical element came from The Iron Stores Company, Chepstow, and the local council built the stone base.
PMSA recording information