Statue of St. David
St. David portrayed wearing long cloak, right hand raised with palm outwards as if in the act of giving a blessing, left hand holding long staff with cross.
St. David's University College, Lampeter, was established for the education of future Anglican clergymen unable to afford the English universities. It was designed in 1822-7 by C.R.Cockerell with alterations in the late 19th and 20th centuries. The college is now part of the University of Wales.
|Part of work||Material||Dimensions|
|Whole work||Stone||183cms high approx|
PMSA recording information
|Precise location||On south front of St. David's University College building in quadrangle (the building is listed Grade II*)|
|Date of design||19th century|
|Year of unveiling||None|
|Duty of care||St. David's University College|
|At risk?||No known risk|