Henry Evan Charles Memorial Fountain
Stepped granite obelisk with moulded cappings and basin. Bronze relief portrait medallionl over inscription tablet. Brick support to rear. NB Although the portrait roundel is signed 'Ivor J. Thomas', information from Swansea Library suggests that the sculptor was his apprentice, J. Cecil Jones who later (in 1970) renovated the fountain as well as his other work, the Swansea Jack Memorial.
Erected by public subscription after the death of H.E. Charles in 1907.
Dr. Henry Evans Charles was a local engineer and philanthropist.
Incised on polished granite tablet on front of fountain: HENRY EVANS CHARLES, / M.R.C.S. (ENG) DIED 30TH MARCH 1907. / "HE WENT ABOUT DOING GOOD." / ERECTED BY PUBLIC SUBSCRIPTION
PMSA recording information