Statue of Sir Henry Seymour Berry
Standing bronze figure in full robes holding cocked hat in crook of left arm and holding parchment in right hand.
Henry Seymour Berry, Baron Buckland of Bwlch (1877-1928) joined his father in the family business which developed into one of the largest estate agency businesses in south Wales. He took over management of Lord Rhondda's commercial concerns and then became President of the Government Board of Food Control. He was a director of over eighty companies including G.K.N. He was a great beneficiary of Merthyr Tydfil.
Incised on front of pedestal and painted black: HENRY SEYMOUR BERRY / BARON BUCKLAND OF BWLCH / HONORARY FREEMAN OF THE COUNTY BOROUGH / OF MERTHYR TYDFIL / BORN 17 SEPTEMBER 1877 - DIED 23 MAY 1928 / ERECTED BY PUBLIC SUBSCRIPTION / MCMXXXI
PMSA recording information