Randall Memorial Drinking Fountain
Victorian Gothic monument. Cadw report: 'Reliquary type top with pyramidal spirelet and French Gothic crocket gabled arch with coat of arms to W. Marble faced pilasters below linked by foliage band; trefoil headed openings to each face with ornamental ironwork grilles, except to E. side. Middle stage of blind shouldered recesses, black lettered marble plaque to W. side. Deeper recesses to base flanked by squat pilasters with foliage capitals; semicircular marble basins on stone corbels. Stepped base.'
Erected by Caroline, Countess of Dunraven in memory of her estate manager, John Randall.
Raised letters on marble plaque on west face of fountain: ERECTED BY / CAROLINE, COUNTESS OF DUNRAVEN, / IN MEMORY OF HER FRIEND / JOHN RANDALL ESQR., / WHO FOR THIRTY-THREE YEARS MANAGED HER ESTATES. / A.D. 1860.
PMSA recording information