National Recording Project


Detail from: Memorial to 158 Squadron by Peter W. Naylor, 2009

Jubilee Arch


Type Building

     Rustic stone arch
     Commissioned by Thomas Johnes of Hafod in 1810 to mark the golden jubilee of George III's accession to the throne. A plaque states that the arch was repaired and strengthened in 1964 by the Forestry Commission, Cardiganshire County Council and the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society.

Contributor details

Contributor Role
Known, Not ---

Element details

Part of work Material Dimensions
Arch Stone 457cm high approx (at highest point)

PMSA recording information

Reference Region
General condition Good
Surface condition
  • Biological growth
Structural condition
  • Other
  • None
Road B4574
Precise location Straddling road from Devil's Bridge to Cwmystwyth
A-Z ref None
OS ref SN765756
Date of design None
Year of unveiling 1810
Unveiling details 1810
Commissioned by Thomas Johnes of Hafod
Duty of care None
Listing status Not listed
At risk? No known risk

‹‹ Back to search results