Cadw report: 'Dressed granite slab with shaped (pointed) top, cut with lettering.'
Cadw report: 'In 1805 Viscount Thomas James Warren Bulkeley (7th Viscount) made a new road through his land to run along the straits and built a sea-wall five ft high to protect it. It was opened to the public in 1806. In 1828 it became a turnpike road and the approaches to both Menai Bridge and Beaumaris were improved. The milestone dates from the establishment of the turnpike in 1828, and is one of four originally placed along its route, all of which survive.'
Incised on front of slab (NB Difficult to read): BEAUMARIS / 4 MILES / MENAI BRIDGE / 3 FURLS
PMSA recording information