The decoration on the panels is similar to those on the verandah of a house in Thirlestane Road. The women's heads led to the suggestion that the bandstand was to be a tribute to Queen Victoria but the design comes from a patternbook of the Coalbrookdale Company in Ironbridge.
The base served was a store for the Cheltenham Archery Club in Edwardian times and it housed the winch of a barrage balloon in WW2.
|Part of work||Material||Dimensions|
|Supports and panels||Cast iron||None|
PMSA recording information
|Precise location||In Montpellier Gardens|
Sorry, we have no precise geographical information for this item.
|Date of design||None|
|Year of unveiling||c.1895|
|Commissioned by||Cheltenham Borough Council|
|Duty of care||None|
|Listing status||Don't know|
|At risk?||Not at risk|