Andrew James Foxwell
The bust on its column stood in the High Street, some 10m from the pavement and 10m west of the Blathwayt clock tower, from 1904 when it was first erected, until some time around 1949. The work was then moved to the present site by a local builder, E.J.Tily of High Street, Chipping Sodbury and the stone mason involved was Eric Vizard. (Details from George Davey/Hounds Close Chipping Sodbury)
On front face of pedestal:TO / HONOUR THE MEMORY / OF/ ANDREW JAMES FOXWELL / AS / MUSICIAN PHILANTHROPIST&FRIEND / THIS MEMORIAL / HAS BEEN ERECTED / BY HIS / ORATORIO CLASS / AND OTHERS
PMSA recording information
Sorry, we have no precise geographical information for this item.