National Recording Project


Detail from: Memorial to 158 Squadron by Peter W. Naylor, 2009

Blathwayt Memorial


     Originally the memorial clock tower was free-standing clock and a photograph of a 1908 Horse Parade shows the tower in this state. In 1948 a 'tudor style' arcade was built on four sides to house public lavatories and since then the east side has been adapted to house the local Tourist Information Office

Element details

Part of work Material Dimensions

PMSA recording information

Reference Region
General condition Good
Surface condition
Structural condition
Road High Street
Precise location None
A-Z ref None
OS ref None

Sorry, we have no precise geographical information for this item.

Date of design None
Year of unveiling 1871
Unveiling details None
Commissioned by None
Duty of care None
Listing status Don't know
At risk? Not at risk

‹‹ Back to search results