Water spout, shelter and two troughs, 1782? of red sandstone.The troughs are rectangular, cut from massive sandstone blocks. The rear part of the troughs is roofed (about 0.70 m above their rims) with two large slabs of stone supported by three corbel-shaped vertical slabs. An iron spout feeds the west trough.The troughs face away from the road; the stone retaining wall at the rear is beneath the back of the pavement.
The well was probably built when the road was turnpiked in 1782.
|known, Not||Not Known|
|Part of work||Material||Dimensions|
|Troughs||Red sandstone||276cm x 115cm x 100cm|
|Spout||Iron||40cm x 12cm|
PMSA recording information
|Date of design||None|
|Year of unveiling||Circa1872|
|Duty of care||None|
|At risk?||No known risk|