Type Panel , Mural
Two mosaics of monks, each within a wooden alcove at first floor level. The left monk is smiling and holding a pitcher. The right monk holds a pint of foaming ale. Both are dressed in blue hooded cloaks with brown tunics.
The building seems to have become an inn around 1813. Before this, there may have been a small priory house belonging to the White Canons of Halesowen Abbey on the site, which would account for the choice of name for the public house. The mosaics of the monks were commissioned during the modernization of the Priory Inn in 1969. It remained a public house until the early 1980s, since when the building has been converted into a shop.
PMSA recording information