Originally the fountain consisted of a pillar tower and spire with weathervane. It was dismantled in 1980 because of roadworks, and was reassembled in 1992 minus the central tower section and the weathervane. Today the spire section stands directly on the square-sectioned base and is topped by a ball finial.
(above water trough in Roman script)
Erected in memory of James Wallace Richard Hall Esq.
Springfields, Ross. July 1st 1860
(below water trough)
slate plaque inscribed 'Rebuilt in 1992 by Ross Civic Society'
PMSA recording information
Sorry, we have no precise geographical information for this item.