Blyth South African War Memorial
Located at the top of a flight of steps on a slight mound beside the memorials to First and Second World Wars. This Celtic cross has a foliate design on the shaft and a kast-work design on the cross.
Originally located in the city centre, this memorial was moved to its present site when the WWII memorial was installed in the autumn of 1950. Costing £138.17s, it was originally unveiled by Lord Ridley.
Inscribed on north face: [Gothic lettering] IN MEMORIAM / [Roman lettering] MEN OF THIS DISTRICT / WHO FELL IN THE BOER WAR / 1899-1902 [Names, ranks and regiments below] / THIS MONUMENT WAS / ERECTED BY / PUBLIC SUBSCRIPTION
PMSA recording information
Sorry, we have no precise geographical information for this item.