Blyth First World War Memorial
At the top of flight of steps next to the Boer War and World War Two memorials, this cenotaph has bronze plaques with names of the fallen on its east, north and west faces. There is a relief carving of a wreath high on the north face.
Costing £2,000 with money raised from public subscription and fund-raising efforts, this memorial was unveiled by the Duke of Northumberland. It was moved to its present position in 1950.
Incised in Gothic lettering: 1914-18 / IN REMEMBRANCE OF / [roman lettering] THE MEN OF BLYTH WHO ENDURED GREAT HARDSHIPS / ACHIEVED GLORIOUS DEEDS AND DIED FOR FREEDOM / AND COUNTRY IN THE GREAT WAR / [Names follow]
PMSA recording information
Sorry, we have no precise geographical information for this item.