Stone with a top in two shallow lobes and a slighly angled face. Incised outlines indicating hands point left and right, with cuffs indicated by a wavy line. Each column of lettering is justified to the centre. A benchmark has been added (probably c.1860.
Taken from Cadw report:
Purpose of stone was probably to redefine the boundary in order to avert disputes over which parish was liable for relieving paupers under the Old Poor Law. The existence of a similar stone at Crinow and possibly a lost third one on the Narberth to Prince's Cross road suggests these were put up at the initiative of the Lampeter Velfrey parish guardians. With the formation of the Narberth Poor Law Union under the 1834 Act the stones would have become redundant.
Incised lettering under left-pointing hand: Lampeter / felffre / Parish / Pembroke / shire
Incised lettering under right-pointing hand: Kyffig / Parish / Carmarthen / shire
PMSA recording information