Milestone consisting of two cast-iron plates painted white of equal dimensions, each with its top pointed. The plates are butted together at 90 degrees, fixed to a solid backing but not fixed to each other.
Taken from Cadw report:
Milestone on one of the roads which were shown on the map in the 1844 Inquiry Report as managed by the Tavernspite Turnpike Trust. The Trust appears to be of c18 origin. It was controlled under an act of 1808. Following the Rebecca Riots all Pembrokeshire turnpike roads were taken over in 1845 by the County Roads Board. It was probably after this consolidation that the foundry of Joseph Marychurch, Haverfordwest, cast the plates for the milestones.
Raised lettering at base of east-facing plate: 14 / MILES / TO / HAVERFORDWEST
Raised lettering at base of west-facing plate: 4 / MILES / 922 YARDS / TO / PEMBROKE
PMSA recording information