Type Clock Tower
Cadw Report: (NB Described as Clock Turret) 'Each side has clock-face with Roman numerals set in aedicule (clock by Joyce of Whitchurch); ribands below face; this stage surmounted by urn finial set on pyramidal roof. Lower stage has Ionic columns to corners supporting moulded cornice, and plaques with swan-necked pediments, and inscriptions. Panelled plinth; small doorway to S.'
Tower is painted black and white and set on slightly raised paved area in centre of forecourt.
To mark the opening of the extension to Holyhead harbour in 1880.
Raised lettering on N, S, E & W sides: HOLYHEAD / OLD HARBOUR / EXTENSION / WORKS COMMENCED / JANUARY 1875. / OPENED BY / HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS / THE / PRINCE OF WALES / 17TH JUNE 1880.
PMSA recording information