Type Clock Tower
Cadw report: 'Square red brick tower with plinth and freestone dressings, including clock face surrounds over dentil cornice; timber octagonal 2-stage cupola with weathervane.' Slate tablet on NW side of tower refers to restoration work carried out in 1986.
Presented by Alderman Thomas Lewis to the city of Bangor during his tenure as mayor in 1886-87.
Inscription on stone tablet on SE side of tower: ERECTED & PRESENTED / TO THE / CITY OF BANGOR / BY ALDN. THOMAS LEWIS, J.P. / GARTH' ERWEN / DURING HIS MAYORALTY, / AS A TOKEN OF / HIS INTEREST IN THE / WELFARE OF THE CITY. / 1886-7
PMSA recording information