Cadw report: 'Round-arched recess in 3 orders constructed of Anglesey limestone set into slight projection from park wall, inner arch framing niche with copper pipe discharging through carved shell into lobed trough below with moulded rim.'
Commissioned by George Hay Dawkins Pennant in 1834.
Inscription carved around inner arch (eroded): THIS FOUNTAIN WAS ERECTED / BY / MR. DAWKINS PENNANT / FEBY 17TH 1854
|Part of work||Material||Dimensions|
|Fountain and trough||Anglesey Limestone||262cm high x 325cm wide|
PMSA recording information
|Road||Minor road between Llandygai and Tal-y-bont|
|Precise location||Built into the park wall to Penryn Castle on the north side of the road between Llandygai and Tal-y-bont approximately 40m west of the bridge over the Afon Ogwen.|
|Date of design||None|
|Year of unveiling||1834|
|Unveiling details||Unveiled on 17 February 1834|
|Commissioned by||George Hay Dawkins Pennant|
|Duty of care||None|
|At risk?||No known risk|