Lluest Colliery Memorial
Iron coal dram painted black topped with chippings mixed with 'coal'. Dram is resting on rails which are set within a large square brick platform, inset with stone chippings. There is seating around the edge of the platform.
Brass plate on side of dram states in English and Welsh that it commemorates miners killed at Llest Colliery on 18th August 1899, followed by a list of nineteen names. The memorial also commemorates all miners who lost their lives at the collieries of the Garw Valley.
|Part of work||Material||Dimensions|
|Whole work||Iron||120cm high x 214cm wide|
PMSA recording information
|Precise location||Set back from main road just out of village|
|Date of design||None|
|Year of unveiling||None|
|Duty of care||None|
|Listing status||Not listed|
|At risk?||No known risk|