Polished granite fountain. 'Urn'-shaped upper part with celtic motif resting in large bowl on base. Inscription on raised polished granite panel on front of fountain but this is indecipherable. There are two bronze side pieces on either side to hold ?cups?. The fountain is set on a shallow hexagonal polished granite base.
The work was commissioned by Colwyn Bay Urban District Council and Colwyn Alderman Thomas Parry to commemorate sixty years of Queen Victoria's reign and also to note the construction of the new Promenade in Colwyn Bay.
Inscription on raised tablet on front of fountain is indecipherable. The following is taken from information supplied by Colwyn Bay Civic Society: A.D. 1897 Erected to Commemorate Queen Victoria's Reign of 60 years And To Record The Construction Of This Promenade By The Urban District Council Of Colwyn Bay And Colwyn Alderman Thomas Parry J.P. Chairman
Related works : Colwyn Bay Civic Society noted another fountain presented by Thomas Parry in 1897 to commemorate the extension of the Promenade from Colwyn Bay to the Marine path. It was located over the Dingle stream but today only the base and inscription remain.
PMSA recording information