Allegories of Justice and Prudence
Two demi-figure sculptures; Prudentia with owl and Justitia with scales of justice. Sculptures each have foliage backdrop and support curved ironwork balconies.
The building was designed by Henry T. Hare, London architect and is listed grade II*.
Below work on left-hand side of entrance: PRUDENTIA Below work on right-hand side of entrance: JUSTITIA
|Forsyth, J. Dudley||Sculptor|
|Part of work||Material||Dimensions|
|Two sculptures||Sandstone||91cm high x 122cm wide approx|
PMSA recording information
|Precise location||Either side of entrance to District Council Offices (Municipal Buildings)|
|Date of design||1903-04|
|Year of unveiling||1904|
|Duty of care||None|
|At risk?||No known risk|