Dressed granite slab set into wall with shallow triangular head and raking chamfered sides. Cast iron inset plate with lettering.
Cadw listing: 'Following the Act of Union in 1801 a programme to improve the roads between the two capital cities of London and Dublin was initiated. In 1811 Thomas Telford was commissioned to undertake a survey of the roads between London and Holyhead and in 1817 began work on the northern stretch of the road at Shrewsbury. As well as overseeing the work, Thomas Telford also designed every detail of the road, and this milestone is one of a number designed for it c.1817-32.'
Raised lettering on plate: HOLY- / HEAD / 20 / MONA / 7 / BANGOR / 5
PMSA recording information