Commemorative plaque has incised inscription.
Benches: stone blocks from upper frieze of old building. Two different designs, one with semi-circular cut-outs?, the other indented. Brown painted metal slats as seating.
Masonry comes from the workshop for the blind which stood on the site. James Nasmyth funded this building via a bequest in 1892 as shown on the inscription on the plaque.(1)
Carved on commemorative plaque: STED . UNDER . BEQUEST . OF . / RES . NASMYTH . CE . 1892. Second line in larger letters.
|Part of work||Material||Dimensions|
|Plaque||Untreated stone||67cm high x 457cm wide x 22cm deep|
|Pediment||Untreated stone||214cm high x 474cm wide x 80cm deep|
|Bench||Untreated stone/metal seat||46cm high x 204cm wide x 57cm deep|
PMSA recording information
|Road||Greenwich High Road/Burney Street|
|Precise location||Market area adjoining Funnel and Firkin public house opposite Post Office|
|A-Z ref||78 8A|
Sorry, we have no precise geographical information for this item.
|Date of design||None|
|Year of unveiling||None|
|Duty of care||None|
|Listing status||Don't know|
|At risk?||No known risk|