Monument to Lucas Factory
A single slab of slate with a 120cm diameter circle of slate section set into the ground, with block paving circle 300cm diameter, by edge of large roundabout The Lucas factory was located to the north of this memorial on ground now closed for redevelopment. The texture varies across the stone from rough to smooth.
(inscribed in roundel)
'JOSEPH LUCAS & SON/ 24 LITTLE KING ST. B'HAM/ TOM BOWLING LAMPWORKS. '
(inscribed around four faces)
'From small beginnings./ LUCAS/ INDUSTRIES/ LIMITED/ -ON THIS/ SITE JOSEPH/ LUCAS/ ESTABLISHED/ HIS FIRST/ WORKSHOP-/ C.1872'
PMSA recording information
Sorry, we have no precise geographical information for this item.