Arms of Llywd Family
The relief plaque depicts the double headed eagle (??of the Holy Roman Empire.)
The double headed eagle was granted to the Llwyd family in 1604, owners of the mansion, for distinguished services during the crusades.
On plaque: LLYWD/ MANSION/ 1604
|Part of work||Material||Dimensions|
|Panel||Stone, eagle painted black||80cm diameter|
PMSA recording information
|Precise location||Junction with Bailey, plaque on façade of Llywd Mansion|
Sorry, we have no precise geographical information for this item.
|Date of design||None|
|Year of unveiling||None|
|Commissioned by||The Llywd Family|
|Duty of care||None|
|Listing status||Don't know|
|At risk?||No known risk|