This small panel is placed above the entrance to the gateway. It depicts an angel from the waist up, the hands are clasped, despite being weathered the feathers of the wings and the hair are still distinct.
The Priory Gatehouse, is a scheduled ancient monument and was once part of a monastery. The building was constructed c.1480-1500, it probably replaced an earlier building. Today the gate house is a museum.
|Part of work||Material||Dimensions|
|Panel||Sandstone||20cm high x 20cm wide approx|
PMSA recording information
|Precise location||On the south façade of the Priory Gatehouse, now Malvern Museum|
|Date of design||15th century (rebuilt 16th century, windows 1830)|
|Year of unveiling||1600s|
|Duty of care||None|
|At risk?||No known risk|